Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave-take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Lessons Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring a great experience for all customers and students, by selling lesson and rehearsal packages, assisting customers with questions, and providing tours of the Lessons facility.
A few special characteristics that make our Lessons Lead successful:
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback. Able to manage a geographically dispersed team.
As our Lessons Lead you will:
- Increase the student count within the lesson program by driving and maintaining sales and promotional programs
- Sell rehearsal space
- Communicate with parents and students, ensuring an overall positive experience
- Provide guidance to instructors, their schedules (both teaching and non-teaching schedule), and students by coordinating lessons schedules with availability of the instructors
- Maintain and increase curriculum sales
- Ensure systems are functioning properly
- Maintain the lesson and rehearsal schedules for the facility
- Additional duties as assigned
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to .
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in musical instruction (admin, retail non-instruction, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Associate's Degree
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.